Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu.
The mission of SFHIIA is “”WORKING FOR PEACE AND MANKIND” we strive daily to reflect on it.
At SFHIIA we strive to maintain high standards of excellence and we believe that the support of parents/guardians and students is highly essential. To pursue this task we need to give priority to the concept of accountability. We all must commit to the responsibility we are required to fulfil as we all will be held accountable for the part we play in educating the next generation. Therefore it is essential that all staff members, as well as parents/guardians, must understand the sacrifice they must make to help the students in their development and achievements. I encourage you to attend in our Parent Teacher Meet in order to keep up with the progress of your child and to be updated with school activities.
I believe that all students, parents, teachers, administrators, board members and the community at large must join in assuming responsibility for students’ success. We are working in the school to ensure that our expectations for learning and behaviour are met. Through cooperative effort of SFHIIA community, an SFHIIA child will have,
- Critical thinking
- Logical reasoning
- High level of language development in English as well as Arabic, Hindi and Urdu.
- Overall development : intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally & morally.
- Islamic etiquettes
- Obedience & respectful to parents & elders.
- Universal brotherhood.
- Respect to entire mankind and their religions.
The teachers in each of the grade levels work closely together to ensure consistency in expectations. We focus on using positive and friendly language such as saying, “Assalamu Alaikum, Jazakallahu Khair, Masha-Allah, Please, Thank you, Work Hard, Try Your Best and Safety First.”) for motivating our learning and reminding students of our expectations. The children know that every adult in the school is responsible for every child and that we all need to treat one another with dignity and respect. All of our efforts will lead to learning opportunities that are current, challenging, relevant, and meaningful for our children.
I believe that a positive and nurturing environment that involves efforts from school, home, and the community can help our students learn best.
Insha-Allah, our goals this year include:
- Integrate ICT in classroom instruction.
- Promoting and encouraging value of equitable education for girls.
- Promote good work habits such as punctuality, wearing the proper uniform and doing school Homework regularly.
- Building relationship with our students, families, community, and staff.
- Promote tolerance and peaceful coexistence through education on the importance of brotherhood, understanding, and friendship.
- Promote high expectations and improve student achievement in all areas especially in literacy, numeracy, Qur’an reading, Islamic Studies and Arabic.
- Building a positive and supportive educational environment.
- Promote, model, and encourage good character, leadership, problem-solving abilities, mutual respect, and social responsibility taking our beloved Prophet Mohammed (s) as a role model.
Please join us in our efforts to provide our children with an outstanding educational experience. I look forward to working with you and your child to ensure Insha-Allah an outstanding learning experience!
Thank you and Jazakumullahu Khair!